Competition! Create an image that epitomises ‘Big Bang Data’ to you and win a year’s subscription to WeTransfer Plus & exhibition merchandise
How to enter:
For a chance to win share an image via social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) that epitomises ‘Big Bang Data’ to you. Use the hashtag #BigBangData, tag or mention Somerset House (@SomersetHouse) & WeTransfer (@WeTransfer) and we’ll pick the most creative entry.
At the top of the page is one we made earlier.
The competition will close at 23.59 on 20 March 2016.
One year’s subscription to WeTransfer Plus courtesy of our friends at WeTransfer and a Big Bang Data exhibition merchandise goodie bag.
Terms & Conditions
1) To win a year’s subscription to WeTranfer Plus & a Big Bang Data exhibition merchandise goodie bag (the Competition) run by Somerset House Trust (the Promoter) is open to UK, CI, and IOM residents only aged 18 years and over excluding employees of Somerset House Trust, its affiliates and subsidiaries or any other company linked to the Competition in any way and by entering the Competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2) The Competition begins Tuesday 8 March 2016 at 15.45 and ends on Sunday 20 March 2016 at 23.59 (Promotional Period).
3) Entry for the Competition is by posting an image to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BigBangData. Entrants will need to register for a Twitter account and abide by their own terms of service.
4) The Promoter will capture all entrants and the winner will be selected at the end of the Promotional Period. The winning entry will be selected by a panel of judges.
5) A maximum of one entry from any user can be submitted into the draw.
6) One winner will be selected in total.
7) No purchase necessary however internet access is required.
8) The winner will be notified via social media within seven days of the promotion ending.
9) All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner; however, if the winner is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed with seven days of notification, the winner will forfeit their Prize and a further winner will be selected from all remaining valid entries.
10) By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
11) In the event insufficient entries are received, the Promoter reserves the right to withhold unallocated Prizes.
12) The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. In the event for any reason the Prize winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize.
13) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
14) If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
15) The winner shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
16) The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
17) No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
18) No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication or website error.
19) If a winning entry or entrant is deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the entry or entrant will be discarded and the Prize will be allocated to a reserve entrant.
20) These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21) Promoter: Somerset House Trust, South Wing, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA or any replacement entity as noted from time to time.